Monday, August 15, 2011

Do You Practice?

Do you practice?  I mean really and truly.  As a practitioner of whatever healing method do you walk the walk as well as talk the talk?  I know a number of people who don't do this.  Are they hypocritical?  Not necessarily.  And most importantly I know that I am guilty of it.

If you were to ask me about Reiki I would go on about the benefits, how good it is for you, how it supports the body and your practices and overall welfare.  But were you to ask me whether I practice on myself often I would have to say no.  At outright I have no good reason for this, it just doesn't occur to me.  Although the moment I hear of someone who is ill or injured I would offer it.  So that reason really doesn't fly.  Perhaps it's because I'm too busy taking care of someone or everyone else.  The martyr complex.  As a caregiver, big sister, true blue friend, and now mother it's in my nature and being to care for other people however I can.  But if I am not up to par how can I really and truly be effectively helping someone else?  If I am rundown what sort of model am I putting out there for others, surely not a very good one.  So that reason is no good either.  Maybe it's just because I don't have time.  But who has time?  Who allots our time for anything?  We are not our schedules or duties, and contrary to how some people live they do not rule us (unless we allow).  Also it's important the note that we choose what we do with our time.  Sure we may feel obligated to pick up extra work, but if it's not essential to life or well-being it's not necessarily necessary.  (I would like to point out very importantly that caring for one's children or others who may need physical help or otherwise, or maintaining work to afford one necessities is not referred to here.)  And again, if we want to set a good example we need to show that by doing.

So I propose to you to look at your own practice and not just with health but all things.  Are you saying but not doing?  If you are analyze why and consider if your reasoning is truly worth it.  If not, I encourage you to re-evaluate your approach.  If you can't make it at a given time, then try at another, rearrange - be flexible.

For my own part I am setting the goal that I will give myself 5 to 15 minutes of Reiki everyday and if I feel "called" to add other practices in, like guided meditation, making a healing altar, or using crystals I will.  And I will share my thoughts and reflections on this practice here!

Blessings & Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment